Monday, April 16, 2007

NyQuil = Wonderdrug

Whoever invented NyQuil, I love you. From Friday afternoon until some time late yesterday afternoon, I could literally not stop coughing, and NyQuil was the only thing that made me sleep. So, my weekend was spent sleeping/napping/sucking on cough drops/watching TV. Exciting, but I did get into a few random shows.

1) "Tori and Dean Inn Love" - enjoyable, and Tori Spelling seems pretty likeable. I'm tempted to go out to Fallbrook now.

2) "Engaged and Underage" - like a car wreck, you don't want to look, but for some reason you just can't stop yourself. I guess the only reason people get married at 18 is sex - either they're already pregnant/have a kid, or are waiting until they're married and can't wait any longer. Either way, didn't see any couple that looked like they'd make it.

3) "The Wonder Years" - I really miss this show. It needs to get on DVD - I realize there are lots of trademark issues, blah blah blah, but seriously, someone get on this.

4) "Bad Girls Club" - I watched something like 6 episodes, and I never figured out exactly why any of them are "bad." Basically, the Real World with only chicks to guarantee drama.

5) "Dog the Bounty Hunter" - my cousin's husband got the family into this show on Easter, and it's just plain hilarious. Perfect sick TV - easy to follow, even if you fall asleep in the middle of one episode and wake up in the middle of another one. Nothing really exciting happens in Dog and his family's quest to rid Hawaii of "the ice," but Dog's insights at the end of the show while they're taking the people to the cops are ridiculous.

6) One of those random wedding shows - "Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time as man and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Johnny Walker!!!" I fell off my couch laughing. Not John, not Jonathan, Johnny. Somebody's parents had a sense of humor. Or a problem. If I was the producer of that show, I'd have figured out what they were thinking. (For all I know, they might have explained this earlier in the show.) My theory is that like some people name their kids with a connection to where they were conceived (like the Beckhams' son, Brooklyn), maybe this was HOW the guy was conceived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home